Responsible conduct of research
The person in charge of responsible conduct:
- Evaluates the admissibility of the complaint.
- Notifies the FRQ without identifying the person, against whom the complaint is made.
- Notifies NSERC, CIHR or SSHRC, if applicable (if they are concerned).
- Informs the person against whom the complaint is made.
If the complaint is admissible → Complaint review committee is formed → Recommendation
- If no breach → FRQ is notified without mentioning the person name against whom the complaint was made
- If breach → CRCHUM decides on the sanction
→ FRQ receives a report → may decide additional sanctions
RCR file addressed by the Secretariat on responsible conduct of research
The Secretariat on Responsible Conduct of Research has posted anonymous summaries of all confirmed breaches of Agency policy between December 5, 2011 to March 31, 2016, on its website.
Each summary contains a distillation of the facts as established through the institutional inquiry or investigation, as well as a description of the recourse exercised by the institution and the relevant Agency.
This is another interesting link, where you can find statistics concerning RCR files. There are two graphs illustrating the categories of confirmed breaches during the period from pril 1st, 2018 and March 31, and the types of recourse imposed by the Agencies.
You suspect an inappropriate conduct?
Contact the CRCHUM person in charge of evaluating responsible conduct:
Kathy-Thi Bao Khanh Lê
Associate director, Operations
514-890-8000, ext.: 23616
Allegations and complaints are treated confidentially and securely.