The CRCHUM at a glance
Network of collaborators
Université de Montréal
The CRCHUM is the largest research centre affiliated with Université de Montréal. Most of the Research Centre’s researchers are affiliated with it, whether with the Faculty of medecine, the Université de Montréal’s School of Public Health, the Faculty of pharmacy, the École de réadaptation or Polytechnique Montréal. These scientists divide their time between their research activities, teaching and, for many of them, their clinical activities.
Other university institutions
The CRCHUM also maintains special ties with the École de technologie supérieure (ÉTS) and TÉLUQ, which certain researchers from the Imaging and Engineering Research Theme belong to. These ties are crucial to providing our entire research community with an interdisciplinary environment conducive to discovery and innovation.
The Imaging and Orthopaedics Research Laboratory (LIO), among the first living laboratories in Quebec, is a perfect example of this.
Developing collaborations with other Quebec research centres to increase our overall health research capacity is a priority for the CHUM’s research department.
For the most part, these institutions are research centres subsidized by the Fonds de recherche du Québec — Santé (FRQS).
We collaborate with many Canadian and foreign partners: universities, companies, investors, etc.
The CRCHUM strongly supports the development of formative networks in its areas of excellence, thereby increasing its research capacity and international competitiveness.
The institution’s leading role is recognized in the thematic networks of the FRQS and several Canada-wide networks.
- Cancer research network (RRCancer)
- Aids and Infectious Disease Network (SIDA/MI)
- Canadian HIV Cure Enterprise (CanCure)
- Cardiometabolic health, diabetes and obesity research network (CMDO)
- Quebec network for research on aging (QNRA)
- Quebec Respiratory Health research Network (QRHRN)
- Canadian Critical Care Trials Group (CCCTG)
- The Canadian Donation and Transplant Research Program (CDTRP)
- Canadian Network on Hepatitis C (CanHepC)
- Canadian Tissue Repository Network (RCBT)
- Canadian Cancer Immunotherapy Consortium (CCIC)
- Quebec Cell, Tissue and Gene Therapy Network (ThéCell)
- Montreal Diabetes Research Center (MDRC)
- Marathon of Hope Cancer Centres Network (MOHCCN)
- Terry Fox Research Institute — Quebec Node
- Montreal Cancer Consortium (MCC)
- Food4BrainHealth International Research Network