The CRCHUM's therapeutic unit is a clinical core facility that allows researchers and their teams to conduct research projects requiring a surveillance of participants ranging from a few hours to several days.
This facility includes:
- 4 beds placed in isolated rooms with individual bathrooms;
- 11 stretchers placed in separate cubicles.
Each room/cubicle is equipped with a multifunctional computer station that provides access to the patient's electronic medical record and any other administrative research or clinical application.
The beds and stretchers are oriented in a way that allows them to be seen from one of the 3 nursing stations, thus ensuring continuous supervision of the participants.
Each nursing station is equipped with a telephone and 2 computers with monitors and printers as well as a secure space to store confidential documents.
The unit is also equipped with a biosafety level 1 laboratory with a refrigerated centrifuge and biological safety cabinet.
Freezers at -20°C and freezers at -80°C are available on the same floor to store samples and specimens.
Our services are available to researchers in academic institutions, hospitals and for projects conducted in partnership with industries.
In addition to standard medical supplies, the therapeutic unit has currently the following equipment:
- 1 automated pharmacy cabinet;
- 2 care carts;
- 2 blood collection trolleys;
- 3 portable oto-ophthalmoscopes;
- 5 portable electrocardiograms;
- 2 bathroom scales;
- 8 telemetry systems connected to the hospital's intensive care unit;
- cardiorespiratory monitors linked to the hospital's intensive care unit;
- 6 multiparameter monitors for heart rate, blood pressure, oxygen saturation and temperature;
- 11 electric syringe pumps;
- 19 positive displacement pumps (9 triple and 10 single);
- 1 glucometer (linked to the patient's electronic medical record);
- 4 synchronized clocks.
Training and logistical support will be provided by the core facility staff.
Our equipment meets the standards required in clinical research.
For internal customers, please complete the form available on the Intranet.
For external customers, contact the technical manager.
Xavier Levac PhD, MBA, MPDP, RN
514 890-8000, ext. 13727
Rates available on request.