Phenotyping of the rodents – cardiovascular
- Telemetry for systemic arterial pressure, heart rate, activity, temperature and electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Assessing body composition by non-invasive quantitative magnetic resonance (EchoMRI100 for mice and EchoMRI900 for rats)
- Visualization of endogenous cellular and molecular fluorescence process (ART Optix MX2)
- Measuring the total intake of food and water and collecting urine and faeces rodents (metabolic cages)
- Surgery for rats and mice: implantation of telemetric sensors, model of ischemia / reperfusion UUO kidney, catheterixzation of the jugular vein for systemic medication injection and catheterization of the carotid artery.
- Data and image analysis
Ambulatory blood pressure, heart rate, temperature, locomotor activity, EKG, EEG/ EMG can be monitored through the use of a telemetry system developed by Data Sciences International.
Implantation of radiotelemetry transmitters and physiologic signals recording
Data provided at study end:
- Summary report including surgery, survival, implant information and recording dates;
- Spreadsheets of scheduled sampling times, physiologic signals recording data;
- Ascii files of complete data sets upon request
- Pharmacological injections during study, organ harvest, training in data interrogation, spectral analysis of heart rate.
- Cardiovascular toxicology: ECG, systemic arterial pressure, left ventricular pressure, temperature, activity level
- Central nervous system: EEG, EMG, EOG, temperature, activity level
- Breathing and exercise: temperature and activity level, intra-pleural cavity pressure, EMG, ECG & BP
- Cancer research: temperature in up to 2 localizations – tail and tumor, ECG & BP
- Renal ischemia/reperfusion and UUO
- Jugular venous catheter for systemic injection of various drugs
- Carotid artery catheter
- Data analysis for telemetry data (recent or not)
- Data analysis provided by the Skyscan 1176 (software NRecon, CTvox, CTan, Data viewer).